(Centre attendance certificate only)
The Foundation Programme aims to introduce candidates to basic elements in roof slating and tiling including setting out felt and battens, and laying plain and interlocking tiles and natural slates. From here, successful candidates could be considered for an NVQ LEVEL 2 SUP course in roof slating and tiling, after going back out on site and gaining 6 – 18 months of ‘hands-on’ experience, using the skills learnt from this Foundation course.
This course is suitable for candidates who have no or little roof slating and tiling experience and are interested in a career in the construction industry. This course is also ideal for those looking to re-train.
Candidates are expected to attend teaching 5 days a week over a three-week term (a total of 15 days).
As the courses are practical, you need to wear suitable work clothing and provide your own safety boots. We will provide all necessary tools, materials and further safety clothing and equipment for use at the Training Centre. Tea and coffee making facilities are available at the Centre, but you will need to bring your own lunch.
Funding may be available via re-training programmes for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Aged 19 or over
- Unemployed and claiming Jobseekers Allowance for 6 months or longer
Course dates 2019
- Week beginning – Monday 4th March 2019 – 5 days a week for 3 weeks – Places Available
- Week beginning – Monday 29th April 2019 – 5 days a week for 3 weeks – Places Available
- Week beginning – Monday 24th June 2019 – 5 days a week for 3 weeks – Places Available
- Week beginning – Monday 19th August 2019 – 5 days a week for 3 weeks – Places Available
- Week beginning – Monday 14th October 2019 – 5 days a week for 3 weeks – Places Available
Interested in booking this course?
Be sure to read the FAQ page.
Contact and booking details
To find out more about the Foundation Programme, including the cost and available dates, please contact us on:
Tel: 0845 678 0065 or email: email@example.com.