An opportunity for roofers to learn and develop skills and techniques used in Lead Bossing and/or Lead Welding.
The course gives participants a knowledge of health and safety procedures for working with lead. Lead Bossing covers shaping and forming lead used in roofing applications using hand tools and cold working techniques. Lead Welding covers forming basic lead work details and joints using welding equipment.
These Lead Sheet Association courses run with a small group of participants enabling each attendee to take full advantage of the tutor’s know-how and experience.
Some previous experience in lead-work would be beneficial, but not esscential.
POA – Tel: 0845 678 0065 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Lead Bossing – Duration 3 days
Basic Lead Welding – Duration 3 days
Basic Lead Welding & Bossing – Duration 5 days
Members of the NFRC London & Southern Region can claim a grant of £100.00 for a 3-day lead course; or £150.00 for a 5-day lead course. This is in addition to any CITB short duration grants you may also be able to claim.
Course dates 2018
- Monday 22nd October 2018 – 3 day welding – Fully Booked
- Monday 29th October 2018 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 5th November 2018 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 12th November 2018 – 3 day bossing – 1 place left
- Monday 19th November 2018 – 5 day combined – 1 Place Left
- Monday 3rd December 2018 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
Course dates 2019
New dates will also be added as the year progresses.
- Monday 4th February 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 11th February 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 1st April 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 8th April 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 28th May 2019 – 3 day welding or bossing – Places Available
- Monday 3rd June 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 22nd July 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 29th July 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 16th September 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 23rd September 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 11th November 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 18th November 2019 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
Examples of bossing work:
As the courses are practical, you need to wear suitable work clothing and provide your own safety boots. We will provide all necessary tools, materials and further safety clothing and equipment for use at the Training Centre. Tea and coffee making facilities are available at the Centre, but you will need to bring your own lunch.
If you or your company is registered with CITB, grants may be available for attending this short duration course.
Interested in booking this course?
Be sure to read the FAQ page.
Contact and booking details
To find out more about the Lead Courses, to book a place on a course, or to discuss your requirements, please contact us on:
Tel: 0845 678 0065 or email: email@example.com.
Comments from 3-day lead welding courses:
“I cannot thank Pete enough for what he has taught me. Infact I am so impressed that speaking on behalf of Porthaynes Construction, I will be back on another course and others will be following. A big Thank You” Lee Brown, Porthaynes Construction
“Excellent course, very helpful instructors. The Course is very well run, all staff are friendly and helpful. My welding, after 3 days, is to a good standard, even though I’ve never welded before the course.” Dale Ligget, Richard Soan Roofing Services
“I found the course to be very helpful, having done roofing for a few years already, it was good to do the lead course as I have not done lead welding before. The teachers were very helpful and made the course more enjoyable.” Lee Payne, Richard Soan Roofing Services
Comments from 5-day combined lead welding and bossing courses:
“The whole course was great, I would recommend it to anyone. Looking forward to further courses.” Wayne Goble, 4GBS Ltd
“The course was organised, set up and presented very well! The facilities are excellent. My tutor was Pete, very patient and full of expert knowledge. I had never attempted lead welding before but Pete demonstrated and explained everything step-by-step, and within two days I could weld! I would recommend this training centre highly. I would like to thank both Pete and Yusof for making this course fun to do but also full of great information and advice!” Paul Spence
“I’m really glad I took the course, welding has come on leaps and bounds as has the bossing. Would recommend it to anybody.” Anonymous.