An opportunity for roofers, builders, or anyone looking to learn and develop skills and techniques used in Lead Bossing and/or Lead Welding.
The course gives participants a knowledge of health and safety procedures for working with lead. Lead Bossing covers shaping and forming lead used in roofing applications using hand tools and cold working techniques. Lead Welding covers forming basic lead work details and joints using welding equipment.
These Lead Sheet Training Academy courses run with a small group of participants enabling each attendee to take full advantage of the tutor’s know-how and experience.
Some previous experience in lead-work would be beneficial, but not esscential.
POA – Tel: 0845 678 0065 or 01903 734501 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Lead Bossing – Duration 3 days
Basic Lead Welding – Duration 3 days
Basic Lead Welding & Bossing – Duration 5 days
Course dates 2021
BOOK NOW! On 01243 837085
Monday 4th January 2021 – 3 Day Welding – Fully Booked
Monday 11th January 2021 – Bespoke – Fully Booked
Monday 18th January 2021 – 5 day combined – Fully Booked
- Monday 25th January 2021 – Bespoke – Fully Booked
- Monday 1st February 2021 – 5 day combined – 1 Place Left
- Monday 22nd February 2021 – 5 day combined – 1 Place Left
- Monday 1st March 2021 – 3 day Welding – Pending payment
- Monday 8th March 2021 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 15th March 2021 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 22nd March 2021 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 29th March 2021 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 19th April 2021 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Monday 26th April 2021 – 3 or 5-day combined – Places Available
- Tuesday 4th May 2021 – 3 day Bossing or Welding – Places Available
- Monday 10th May 2021 – 3 or 5 day combined – Places Available
- Monday 17th May 2021 – 3 or 5 day combined – Places Available
- Monday 24th May 2021 – 5 day combined – 1 Place Left
- Monday 14th June 2021 – 3 or 5 day combined – Places Available
- Monday 21st June 2021 – 3 or 5 day combined – Places Available
- Monday 28th June 2021 – 3 or 5 day combined – Places Available
More dates to follow
Examples of bossing work:
As the courses are practical, you need to wear suitable work clothing and provide your own safety boots. We will provide all necessary tools, materials and further safety clothing and equipment for use at the Training Centre. Tea and coffee making facilities are available at the Centre, but you will need to bring your own lunch.
If you or your company is registered with CITB, grants may be available for attending this short duration course.
Interested in booking this course?
Be sure to read the FAQ page.
Contact and booking details
To find out more about the Lead Courses, to book a place on a course, or to discuss your requirements, please contact us on:
Tel: 0845 678 0065 or 01243 837085 or email: email@example.com.
Comments from 3-day lead welding courses:
“I cannot thank Pete enough for what he has taught me. Infact I am so impressed that speaking on behalf of Porthaynes Construction, I will be back on another course and others will be following. A big Thank You” Lee Brown, Porthaynes Construction
“Excellent course, very helpful instructors. The Course is very well run, all staff are friendly and helpful. My welding, after 3 days, is to a good standard, even though I’ve never welded before the course.” Dale Ligget, Richard Soan Roofing Services
“I found the course to be very helpful, having done roofing for a few years already, it was good to do the lead course as I have not done lead welding before. The teachers were very helpful and made the course more enjoyable.” Lee Payne, Richard Soan Roofing Services
Comments from 5-day combined lead welding and bossing courses:
“The whole course was great, I would recommend it to anyone. Looking forward to further courses.” Wayne Goble, 4GBS Ltd
“The course was organised, set up and presented very well! The facilities are excellent. My tutor was Pete, very patient and full of expert knowledge. I had never attempted lead welding before but Pete demonstrated and explained everything step-by-step, and within two days I could weld! I would recommend this training centre highly. I would like to thank both Pete and Yusof for making this course fun to do but also full of great information and advice!” Paul Spence
“I’m really glad I took the course, welding has come on leaps and bounds as has the bossing. Would recommend it to anybody.” Anonymous.