If you enjoy working outside and like working with your hands, you may be considering a fulfilling career as a skilled roof slater/tiler, either…
- For yourself as your first job,
- To re-train from an existing career or
- For one of your employees,
- For your son, daughter, nephew, niece, brother, sister, grandson, or a granddaughter, or…
- For your uncle Bob
This article is for you!
And we want to give you the best possible start on the roofing “ladder to success”, help make your choice as a trainee a little easier based on “real” information and encourage you to take that first step.
We will help you choose where is the best place to start so that you can select the optimum route based on your current level of roofing experience using Profiling.
We ask you to come in to assess your current level of experience ‘honestly’ and make sure that you are on the right course for your present skills level, to make sure that you get the best from the course and ultimately the best value for money.
- FOUNDATION – 5 days a week for 3 weeks.
If you have very little or no actual roofing experience we suggest:
The Foundation Programme which aims to introduce you to basic elements in roof slating and tiling including setting out underlay and battens, laying plain and interlocking tiles and natural slates. Some mortar work is involved too (Ridges and verges). (Centre attendance certificate only)
This qualification can be approached in two ways…
- After completing the Foundation and spending time back on site (6 months to a year preferably), to gain some actual roofing experience, you can come back in and do the (NVQ L2 certificate) 2 days a week for 7 weeks, followed by onsite assessments to complete the full qualification.
- If you have roofing experience which means that you have started a roof by yourself without help, done all the calculations and working out, underlay, battening, tiled, slated, mortar work (Hips/Valleys/Ridges/Verges), or used dry systems then you can go straight into an NVQ Level 2 SUP.
Call now on 08456780065
‘We’re just a call or click away’